Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cookie Monster

Well, the kid came in, saw the cookies, and got all excited.

Oh! You made cookies! Why'd you make cookies? What's in 'em? Hey, these are really good.

J started answering those questions she could...Yep, she made cookies. She made the cookies because she wanted cookies. (seems obvious to me, but hey, I'm just the dog, right?) They've got chocolate, those nuts that were on the microwave and the other nuts that were in the bread box, cake mix, eggs, oil, and...well, she's glad the kid likes 'em.

Then came the big question. J should've known it was coming. I'm not sure how many cookies the kid had before she asked:

So how many calories do you think are in each cookie?

A little known fact about J. She can't lie to a direct question. It's like a curse.

A hundred and ten she blurts out. Apparently, that information was in the recipe, because if she hadn't known, she'd have said that.

The kid started to choke. I guess she was in the middle of chewing. That never happens to dogs, just in case you've ever wondered.

You're kidding, right? Say you're kidding.

I think J saw herself having to eat all of those cookies by herself.

Um...you know I never make my cookies as big as they say you should. I bet they're half the size...

Long story short--the kid decided that the cookies were pretty small and that three was a serving size, and that eating the broccoli and tofu Teriyaki stuff J made made up for it enough that she could have more cookies.

I never had any doubt that she'd find a way to justify it. That kid would eat sawdust cookies if you sprinkled powdered sugar on 'em. She loves cookies. Any cookies. Can't resist. (of course, sawdust and rice cakes have a lot in common...)

I, however, have not been invited to try a cookie. Still. Don't give me that nonsense about chocolate and dogs. It's an excuse.

I think I'll take a nap. That way I don't have to watch them eating cookies.

Cosmo

No comments: