Tuesday, July 7, 2009

All in a day...

I lead a simple life.

I ought to. I'm a dog.

A dog's life should not really be all that complicated. That's a good thing because I can't get my own food--well, I can, but I get all sorts of negative feedback when I do.

Therefore, J feeds me.

If she forgets the time, I remind her. In fact, as a special consideration, I usually let her know a half hour or so in advance. I know how much she hates to forget things. It's the least I can do, right? I don't whine, I don't nag...but I like to eat on time.

It's not like she has to do my laundry, after all.

It's a simple life, like I said.

She told someone today that she's afraid she bores me.

It's always one way or the other with her. There's never a steady flow of entertainment that eases into bed time. She's either up all night keeping me up, or she's up all night doing something so quiet that even the cats are bored.

For awhile, it was all saxophone music, all the time. I'll never get The Girl from Ipenema out of my head. Lately, she's started listening to TV and Movie clips on the machine so she can hear different accents. It's better than nothing. That and the days we visit her students keep me from complete crazy boredom.

When she gets too quiet, I get up on the love seat and stare at her. Whenever her head turns in my general direction, I wag my tail madly. It never fails to get a rise out of her.

A dog's gotta do something for entertainment, right?

Cosmo

No comments: